Do you have a large or bulky item that you are unable to bring to the store yourself? Good news, we offer a free pick-up service!
Our donation pick-ups are scheduled during the week on an appointment basis.
- You can deliver your donated items to the ReStore Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tax receipts are issued for all donations.
- We use our discretion when accepting donations, and we reserve the right to refuse a donation of items that are damaged or which we will be unable to sell.
All items must be in good condition, working and functioning properly.
Appliances: Appliances must not be any more than 5 years old and in working condition. EPA regulations prevent the resale of water heaters and dishwashers that are not certified lead-free.
- Refrigerators or freezers
- Microwave ovens
- Gas and electrical ranges
- Cook tops
- HVAC unit (must be 5 years or newer)
Architectural items: Architectural items that are in good condition without structural or water damage.
- Porch posts
- Other unique items that can be repurposed
Cabinetry: We accept residential and commercial cabinets that have all doors and drawers. Cabinets must be free from water damage, mold or structural damage.
- Individual pieces
- Full cabinet sets
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Workshop, office and miscellaneous storage cabinets
Doors: Doors must be in good condition with no rotted wood, broken panels, or punctures.
- Residential doors
- Door slabs
- Entryway units
- French door sets
Flooring: We accept carpet and carpet padding in sizes exceeding 25 square feet with no stains, fraying, odors or animal hair. Hardwood, vinyl, tile and laminate flooring should also be in good condition and without any adhesive or glue.
- Carpet & carpet padding; min.25 sq. ft.
- Vinyl, tile or sheet
- Ceramic tile
Electrical: We can only accept residential electrical items; no commercial electrical items, please.
- NEW digital thermostats
- Drop cords, coaxial cable, electrical wiring of usable length and gauge
Electronics: We accept working electronics which must include all cords/connectors/accessories.
- DVD Players
- VHS Players
- Cameras, photo and video
- Flat screen TVs
- Radios & stereos
Furniture: We accept upholstered furniture without stains, rips or animal hair and wood or metal furniture that is structurally complete. Due to sanitation restrictions we do not accept mattresses or box springs.
- Wood furniture, all types
- Tables, chairs, wooden desks, computer desks, drafting tables, bookcases, dressers, entertainment centers, armoires, file cabinets
- Home furnishings (living room, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, office)
Hardware: We accept hardware in good condition that is clean and unpainted. We also accept hand and power tools that pose no safety risks.
- Complete sets of door hardware
- Nails, screws
- Hangers, connectors, fasteners, hinges etc.
- Hand and power tools
Lighting: Lighting must be complete and in good condition. We accept indoor and outdoor lighting that is free from cracks or broken glass. We cannot accept fluorescent lighting because of environmental and disposal issues.
- Indoor and outdoor lamps
- Interior fixtures (chandeliers, sconces, flush mount, ceiling fans, pendants)
- Exterior fixtures (sconces, flush mount, post lighting)
Lumber: Must be at least 4 ft. in length with no nails, screws, staples or warping. Sheet goods must be at least 4ft. sheets with no damage or warping.
- Treated or untreated lumber
- Sheet goods (particle board, pressboard, plywood, paneling)
- Trim, molding
- Brick and block without mortar or cement
- Glass block
- Cement and mortar
Paint: Paint cans must be full, dated 2 years old or less and properly sealed with no rust. The paint level in the can should be at least a quarter of the way full.
- Quart and gallon containers
- Unopened, non-rusted cans
Plumbing: Plumbing items must be in good condition with no chips, cracks or rust.
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Fiberglass bathtubs (no cracks)
- Toilets: neutral color (white, tan, beige, no cracks)
- Shower enclosures – new only
- Faucets (complete sets) – new only
- Water heaters – new only
- Hardware, fittings, piping, etc. – new only
Windows: Windows must be complete units, with frames, and in good condition. No rotted wood, cracked or foggy glass. (No storm or sash windows, please)
- Picture and bay
- Complete window units
- Shutters without cracks: interior and exterior
Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous building and decorating products
- Gardening tools, lawn equipment
- Shutters (int./ext.)
What Can We Not Accept?
We are unable to accept any items with mold, mildew, water damage or rust.
- Solvents/strippers, chemicals and cleaners
- Hazardous Materials
- Fluorescent lighting
- Unframed mirrors or sheets of glass
- Shower doors
- Office phone systems
- Window sashes or screens; storm windows; single-pane windows
- Gas logs
- Window blinds
- Clothing, bedding, mattresses
- Garage doors & garage door openers
- Commercial electrical
- Pianos, organs
- Computers, computer parts and accessories
- Retro metal desks
- Medical equipment
To Remain in Compliance with the Lead in Drinking Water Act passed in January 2014, we can no longer accept:
- Water heaters
- Pipes and pipe fittings
Contact the ReStore
Brent Talmadge, Store Manager
Mail: The Habitat for Humanity ReStore
3435 Melrose Ave., N.W.
Roanoke, VA 24017